Friday, November 30, 2012

Smitten by the Art of Editing. . .{30}

I thought I'd end with one of my most favorites of hobbies. That is photography and editing. I use Photoshop Elements 10, and I LOVE it. It is the "reasonable" photoshop to get, but it becomes a major tool when you learn how to use it. I recently got some actions from Florabella, and fell in love. The filters and colors were all so rich, warm, and natural. I also want my colors in my pictures to look natural, and finding Florabella was wonderful. So many amazing things you can do with actions and presets. Here is a glimpse of what a typical Friday looks like for me. I get up at about 9:30, grab some breakfast and time in the Word (BEST way to start the day by the way), and then head over to work and edit. I did about 15+ shoots this fall and am working on completing all of them. The hard part is school. This time of year is busy because of exams and studying and never ending amount of papers. That means that my editing gets pushed to Friday when I have the day off. So I sit and edit and watch either a movie or a TV series. I don't watch TV as much, but I certainly have more recently with the whole editing process. I'll watch Vampire Diaries, Say Yes to the Dress, and all of the wonderful TLC shows. I also love Food Network. I am definitely a girly girl, can't you tell?! But yes, I will edit all day long just to catch up on sessions. It has been so fun. Here are some captured moments from today:

Before and After example. Loved how this turned out. There was so much more color and warmth that I got to see when I finished. Love love love the world of editing. It allows me to take pictures even without the "perfect" sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment