Sunday, November 11, 2012

Smitten by being a Daddy's Girl. . .{11}

November 11 is a day that will always be very special to me. That's the day my daddy was born! So today I want to talk about how thankful I am for him. He has inspired me probably more than anyone else, there are so many parts about my life that he played a huge role in. My daddy always believed in me, and pushed me to do my best. First and foremost though, he always points me to Jesus. He is such an incredible leader in our family, and I love that about him! He also works super super hard, and never gives up. Our family has been through some storms in the past couple of years, but he never stopped depending on Jesus through that time. He is such a reminder of God's grace in my life. He also is an amazing encourager. He pushed me to pursue photography, to love every second of my crafting, and helped me develop a love for sports. For instance, back in Jr. High I really wanted to play volleyball. But truth was, I could hardly run 1/4 of a mile without dying, and my athletic skills were...not so great. My daddy even believed then that I could be better, and would take hours and hours to practice with me and watched my games and told me what to improve on. I ended up playing volleyball through Senior year, and have recently run 2 5k's in the past month. Just is an amazing journey that I will never forget, and my daddy was right there with me to be the loudest cheerer at the school. I am so proud to have a dad like him. He is there when I am totally emotional and just need a shoulder to cry on, and is there to talk about the really important stuff in life. He is full of wisdom and is an incredibly godly man. I don't thank him enough, he is awesome. So thankful for a daddy like him, love him!!!!! Here is a verse that he always always reminded me of and encouraged me to memorize:                                          God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling. (Psalm 46:1-3)


No comments:

Post a Comment