Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Smitten by Food. . .{13}

I am smitten by food today. Tuesdays are always a constant reminder of God's provision, and I get to be thankful for the food he provides for me. So many times I take it for granted. There are people who are struggling just to put food on the table, or find any food at all, and God has given me a huge burden for these people. He lead me to serve in a ministry called Food for Life. Food for life provides spiritual and physical hunger. The homeless get to hear the gospel first, and learn about how much Jesus loves them, and how He is their Savior from addictions. And then they get food! Tonight we served BBQ Pork Ribs, Green Beans, Corn, Bananas, Cheesy Bread, and Cookies. The people LOVED it. I have so enjoyed getting to know more about these people and being a huge part of their lives. It is so rewarding and encouraging. Don't ever take the little things in life for granted.
Lots of yummy food!!!!!
Where I get to shop for Food for Life every week!!!!!
This is my friend Rico, he is always smiling and such an encouragement.
This is my friend Eric, he is absolutely hilarious! There is never a dull moment with him! Such a joy to be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment