Saturday, July 20, 2013

Little Greens. . .

I've been dying to share some new little additions to my room with you like, all week. Just got to getting the pictures up, so hope you enjoy a little sneak peek! About 2 weeks ago, I decided to go get some cute little succulents from Lowes. There were SO many to choose from, I had no idea how unique they were!!!!! Love what I found, I was so giddy. Once I got home I planted them into this little clay bowl that I had found at Goodwill for $2. And wallah! Here is what it turned out like! Honestly, I'd have to say, the tiny red cactus is my absolute favorite. If I had to pick favorites.
Another project I started actually came from the thrift store too!!!!! I got this super awesome bottle at the Fashion Shack. I immediately was inspired. When I looked at it, I thought back to the older days before telephones and mail. The kind of days where sweethearts mailed letters in bottles. Hoping that they would make it to the seashore. Jason from time to time will write me a really sweet letter. I don't get them often, but the 3 that he has given me over the almost 9 months we have been dating have been so precious to me. They each have a story behind how he gave them to me, and it just melts my heart to think about them! I wanted a constant reminder of these sweet notes. Filled with gracious, loving words from the man that I am absolutely head over heels for. And this is what I came up with to display them. They are displayed on my dresser right next to my bed, so every morning when I wake up, I am reminded of his love for me and how much he constantly sacrifices and gives to me. And I am also reminded of my Father's love. The kind of love that is even more perfect than Jason's. I can see those letter and rejoice in my Father who DELIGHTS to give good gifts. And I fall so much more in love with my Savior each and every day. Thanking God for His grace in my life, I don't deserve it.
So if you find an old bottle laying around, maybe roll up a few letters, or sweet objects that remind you to love. To live simply full of gracious words. Hope you enjoyed my new little greens. Happy Weekend Everybody!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment