Saturday, December 22, 2012

"Merry" Sign. . . {4}

Today's DIY was one of my favorites that I did this season. I thought it would be cool to use my sign that said "fall" from my part back in October, and turn to the other side and paint "merry" for Christmas. It was so simple and easy to do, that I couldn't help but share with you! Plus, it is AMAZING decor, I love it. Enjoy! Hope you are enjoying these last few days until Christmas. . .
First, you will go into Microsoft Word and type out "merry" in VERY large font. (**Notice I had to do two pages..**) It depends on how big your 2x4 board ends up being, so adjust the font size accordingly.
Then, you will cut out the letters and trace them onto your sign. I made my sign by sawing a 2x4 segment into half, and nailed it together!
The next step is a little time consuming. I used snow paint to paint inside of the traced letters. Be careful, it is easy to slip and mess up! I LOVE snow paint so much. Click on the link to get some from Amazon.com! And then finally you will have completed a very lovely sign. I love how simple this is. Happy Crafting!
Here are some ways I incorporated my sign into some of my shoots for Christmas cards!!!!! Tis the Season.


No comments:

Post a Comment