Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Handmade Christmas Cards. . . {2}

Today's DIY  was one of my absolute favorites to do. It was time consuming, but I think that it turned out lovely. Since this is the first Christmas for Simply Smitten, I thought it would be fun to do cards for all of my clients this past year. I was trying to think of something creative, and I was suddenly inspired. I decided to draw out Christmas cards. This design was very simple. I drew some trees with Sharpies, and then sketched out a design of a snowflake. I then took pictures of my sketches with my Iphone, and sent them to my computer to upload into Photoshop Elements 10. Thats where the hard work came in. I took the selection tool and carefully selected, and erased the image until I felt like it was perfect. For the snowflake, since I drew it in pencil, I had to use the bucket tool to dump black paint into my selection. I then created a "tiff" format of each, and pieced them together onto one document, yay! It turned out perfect, I loved it. I just got my cards at Hobby Lobby. Have I mentioned how much I absolutely love shopping there?! Go. Shop and craft. Hope you are enjoying these weeks leading up to Christmas. Can't wait to share some more DIY ideas!

 Sketches. . .
 And, here is the result!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment