Friday, August 17, 2012

Celebrating Victoria. . .



Last night was a night that I won't ever forget. This past Wednesday, I came into work expecting to have a normal day of work at the waterpark. But it wasn't going to be a normal day. We found out that our coworker and friend, Victoria Humphries, was killed the night before in a car accident. She was only 16. There are no words to describe the grief and pain that our staff felt at that very moment. I know that God reminds us that our life is a vapor, a fleeting breath. And I realized the reality of those words at that moment. It made me reflect on what I was doing with the time God had given me here on earth. What I spent my time doing, thinking about, and saying all made me realize how much time I waste everyday. Victoria was such a sweet friend, and brought so much joy to the people who knew and loved her. She left an impact, and her life declared Jesus. She is such an example to me and many, many other people. We had a Candlelight Service last night in honor of her life. We came to celebrate Victoria, the sweet girl who was now sitting at the feet of Jesus. The service was so beautiful and moving. Her youth pastor spoke and sang. The sun was setting, and hundreds of people were gathered around the pool with candles. Jesus was loudly proclaimed in the service, and knowing that Victoria knew Him gave us all so much joy and hope. We love you and miss you so much Vic. Can't wait to see you again someday. Psalm 39:4 "LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered--how fleeting my life is." Jesus, let my life be all for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment