Wednesday, June 26, 2013

DIY Ombre Spoons. . .

This past week I had the opportunity to help a single mom who just graduated from Renewal. She had a new home and had absolutely nothing to put into it. I know how important my home is to me, and I wanted to make sure she had some special loves to put into it. So, here is a simple DIY that you can make for yourself, a housewarming gift, or a wedding present! It is less than $2 to make, and you will be sure to fall in love.

All you need is some wooden spoons ($1.25 from Big Lots, or use your own thrifted spoons), 4 colors of your choice of paint (29cents per bottle at A.C. Moore), and I love to use Frog Tape as my painters tape around the spoon.
Place the frog tape wherever you desire, it will give you a clean line. Paint the bottom half of the spoon, and after a couple minutes, take off the tape. You can them paint a band of gold above the color as shown below. After the paint dried, I used some water based polycrylic paint to paint a clear sealant on top of the paint.
And here they are. What beauties! I loved the simplicity and amazing result of this project. I finished in less than an hour, it was a super quick and easy gift idea. Hope this inspires you to greatness! Go make something wonderful.   xoxo- Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment