Thursday, May 23, 2013

Embroidery Hoop love. . .

 Here is what has been my project that I have been working on for the last couple of days. Because the pillows were such a huge seller, I thought that this little felt flower clearly had you Simply Smitten ;) I decided to put one on burlap in an embroidery hoop. Priscilla was the woman who inspired me to do these, so each hoop size will be named after each of her girls. this small 4" is called the Addisyn Embroidery after my dear sweet Addisyn Hope. The next two sizes will be the Ava Embroidery (6") and the Emery Embroidery (8"). The story began with the makings of my first flower pillows. The original ones were made out of some scrap fabric that I got for almost nothing. Priscilla asked me to make some pillows for the girl's rooms, and I was more than happy to experiment and let her have the result of whatever I came up with. I was just excited to make something out of nothing and repurpose some fabric. Well, this was a lesson I learned the hard way. Thankfully before I started selling them! But the fabric wasn't as good of quality as I had thought, and after a couple pillow fights, the seams of the pillows had some holes. Now I know the importance of buying good fabric and making home decor that will last a life time. But anyways, I was discouraged and obviously felt bad that the seam tore so easily. But then Priscilla gave me an idea that won my heart. Take the old and turn it into a wall decoration through an embroidery hoop. Even though this is one of my "trial and error" moments in crafting, the turn around was amazing. Not only did she inspire me to make embroidery hoops, but she also showed me that I could use these felt flowers in a variety of ways. So no worries my sweet girls, the pillow fights might be over, but your bedroom walls will look just darling. Always so thankful for Emery, Ava, and Addisyn.
{Here is little Addisyn Hope and I. Her smile melts my heart every time. Seriously love the cheesin's I get from my sweet girls that I babysit, they are so precious. She and her sisters inspire me every time I see them, so thankful for the time that I get with them. They grow up so fast . . .}
Let me tell you. I am in love. I have already started making ones to go in my bedroom, I hope you enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed making them! Go check them out for SURE in my etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/aSimplySmittenlife. And as always, feel free to comment and let me know what you are thinking!!!! Want to know why I have had such a huge urge to craft lately? Be sure to read tomorrow's post for the "as of late" for my life. Happy Weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment