Monday, January 13, 2014

"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind". . .

"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind."- C.S. Lewis
This incredible print by Aubry Bennion from Hello Maypole is just a perfect addition to my room for this time of year. I absolutely fell in love with it, she did such an amazing job hand lettering this quote. Handmade is always the way to go for me, there is just something special about it. 
As I put up this quote, I just thought about this coming year. So many hopes. So many dreams. I just feel so inspired moving forward into 2014. I just know that God is up to something super amazing (but, isn't He always?!) and it makes my heart so happy. I just can't wait to see what this year has in store for me, and for Simply Smitten. You are such a vital part of my tiny business, so thank you for following and helping it grow every single year. I don't know what I would do without you guys. 
Do you remember these little poms?! Hint hint. They were at my craft fair. I have been dying to put them up somewhere. When I would make my felt flower pillows (like the one on my bed), I would have a TON of scrap felt after cutting all of those little petals! And, I waste nothing. So this is what I did with the scraps!!! I absolutely love how they turned out. Just reminds me of all those sweet pillows that are now in the homes of lots of really cool people. 
Today was just lovely, just really lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment