Thursday, November 22, 2012

Smitten by Thanksgiving. . .{22}

Today is a beautiful day. It's a day we have been waiting all month for: Thanksgiving. When I think of thanksgiving, I think of all the beautiful things that God has graciously placed in my life. Beautiful things include family, joys, trials, friends, because all of these things were put into my life by my heavenly Father. He has brought me through so much this past year, and I love remembering how faithful and true He is. He has never left my side and never will. He has brought amazing people into my life to point me back to Him, and that is most certainly something to rejoice in. It is not only today that I am reminded of "thankfulness." It is an everyday awe in my Father who has saved me from who I used to be and has called me His beloved. It blows my mind, I can't get over it. Oh what love He has for us. Psalm 100:4-5 is a perfect reminder of this:                                                                                                                         "Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
    and his courts with praise!
    Give thanks to him; bless his name!

For the Lord is good;
    his steadfast love endures forever,
    and his faithfulness to all generations."

My wonderful family. We had such an amazing week! I love each of them oh so much.
Cousins. Oh, I love these people.
And, all five doggies who were all living with us for a couple of days. Yes, it was crazy fun.

My job for Thanksgiving day was to do the "Cousins" table. This is where we all ate, and all the adults were at another table. I was obviously thrilled to be able to craft and use my imagination. With school being so crazy, I haven't had time to craft and decorate lately. This helped me see how much I truly miss it. Here are some of my creations!
Lace. Lace. Lace. Made some ties out of some of my favorite material!!!!!
This year instead of place cards, I decided to switch it up a little bit and do a picture for each place setting. You know how much I LOVE photography. So it was perfect for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment